It’s been 2 weeks since we welcomed the twins into our family. It’s been the most interesting experience having 2 newborns at the same time! For anyone that doesn’t know, we also have a 4yo son and a 2yo daughter. I thought I’d write a post about the things I found most useful these first few weeks with the babies while it’s all still fresh in my head.
- Copper Pearl swaddles+ hats this is in #1 because my babies have used these from day 1 and we LOVE them. They are the softest, stretchiest swaddles I’ve tried and the hats fit so perfectly. If you want to splurge on something, this is the thing to get!
- dockAtot or something similar. Babies love the feeling of still being snug like in the womb and this has been where they slept since coming home. 2 fit easily into the crib they have.
- Zip up pjs because trust me you won’t want to deal with buttons or snaps when you’re running on zero sleep.!
- Sound machine we got the Owl – Skip Hop portable one and they love it. It’s battery run and has 2 songs and 2 nature sounds to pick from.
- 4moms mamaroo x2 or something like it. Sometimes you need a break from carrying or soothing 2 babies and this does a great job.
- Diapers: nurses were kind enough to give us a few packs of Premie diapers to take home and we used them for about a week. Then moved up to size newborn. Also stock up on wipes! We’ve gone through the big box in 2 weeks.
- Wubbanub pacifiers are a must if you’re going to have 2 (or more) babies at once. It’s one thing if you have one baby then it’s possible to feed on demand whenever needed, but with two babies, sometimes it’s just a necessity to give them a pacifier.
- Underpads for diaper changes or if you just want to let your baby chill naked for a little while to breath but not pee/poop all over the bed.
- Supplements: Honest Postnatal Lactation Prenatal Iron Dulcolax and motrin/ibuprofen
- Belly band to support your belly after birth
- Nursing bras and/or tanks
- Pads (overnight always brand)
- Notebook and pen: used it to track the diapers and feedings for the first week as pediatrician asks for the first few check ups and it’s almost impossible to keep it all just in your head.
- Drink lots and lots of water and eat healthy snacks.!
That’s it! If I forgot anything feel free to comment below and add to the list. Stay tuned for the story of how the twins were born coming soon.